Sunday, March 9, 2008

Best Sandwich in Sonoma County


My sister Jenna and I drove up to Sonoma County this weekend to visit our sister Katelyn in event of her birthday. She in turn introduced us to the most delicious sandwich I have had in quite some time, at a place called - originally and simply enough - the Sandwich Spot.


This Spot boasts a long menu of "specialty sandwiches" that seem to be a result of long experimentation on the part of the owner as to what ingredients pair best with others. Their research has paid off because me-oh-my the sandwich I had was DELISH.


Just a classic combo of turkey, avocado, bacon, cheese and all the fixin's on a Dutch Crunch roll but what really set this sandwich above and beyond the rest were the details. The turkey was warm, the avocado thick and perfectly ripe, the Dutch crunch crunchy but not so much so that it left my mouth lacerated. But the real secret is the killer, garlicky, AMAZING secret sauce that they slather on all of their sandwiches. It gives you rank burps later on but is well worth it.


So, for all those who find themselves in Rohnert Park, near Sonoma State, take a little side trip and grab lunch at the Sandwich Spot because it is GOOD.



(7285 Snyder #B, Rohnert Park, CA 94928)

No comments: